Monday, June 1, 2009

Growing Babies

My friend Beka built this raised garden for us.  I think it's so perfect - yellow and zucchini squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and watermelon (pole beans are coming).  Just a small, low-maintenance, yummy garden.  And the little cute/scary gnome is the cherry tomato on top.

And, this, my friends, is the Grandaddy of all potted tomato plants.  It's ENORMOUS.  I can't wait to eat these tomatoes like apples with salt and pepper on them.  You think I'm joking...

I love coming out in the mornings to talk to and water my little plants.  I'm excited about the squash baby food I can make, too.  I'm SURE James will be thrilled, too.  Don't all kids adore squash??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never got anything planted this year! Arrgh!!

The Via Colony said...

haha, my kids could never eat squash. It made both of them spit up so bad. I tried several times to no avail and ended up giving my homemade ice cube trays full of it to a neighbor. She probably thought I was crazy, but I couldn't imagine it going to waste!

LOVE the garden...I'm a bit jealous. If only those little plants could go a week or so without water...oh well. The sacrifices we make=)