Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just a Little Update...

Well, it's Wednesday night.  Jim, my parents, my friend Anna, and I just went and had a delicious pizza and calzone dinner at Barley's.  For the past three or four days I've had contractions on and off.  Some were a little annoying/painful but most have just been Braxton Hicks.  Nothing that's organizing...  and it's soooo frustrating.  At one point on Monday afternoon I had an hour of consistent contractions about 10 minutes apart but then they tapered off.  
Without going into too much detail, there have been other signs of eminent labor, but still nothing.  For whatever reason, it's just not time. 

I keep reminding myself that it's not even his due date.  But then, only 5% of women deliver on their actual date.  Plus, I'm almost completely effaced.

See, this is what happens in my head.  Analyze, analyze, talk myself out of it, pray, calm myself down, relax, analyze, analyze... repeat.  What else to do except go to bed.  Peaceful sleep will come and then, tomorrow, maybe my son.   

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're still praying for you guys!! Hope you're getting some good rest. (Even though I know if I were in your position, I probably wouldn't be!) :)

Susan Sene said...

aww haha - you're so close! Try to calm that head of yours down and relax...that might actually speed things up! ;)

Can't wait to meet little James!!

RosieLayne said...

You are doing such a great job, Sara!! I am so proud of you for being patient... he will come when he is ready. You are one of the few that actually fully understand that even though you are somewhat dilated and mostly effaced, it is only a fact, not an indicator of definite progress... though, you will have much less to work through when labor actually does start. Remember that each contraction, no matter how big or small does a little bit more work... who knows, you could be 6 cm now!! I can't wait to hear about your first meeting with baby James... so rest, eat, drink, and enjoy your last few days as "Just Jim and Sara" :)

The Via Colony said...

So close, so close.

My first was a week late and my second was on actual due date. I'm hoping #3 will not be late. Those days following the due date take it all out of me. Patience, patience, patience.

This waiting game...all so worth it=) I've been stalking your blog waiting too!

Jan said...

Thinking of you guys often and praying. After he arrives the wait time will seem like a shadow of a memory. Blessings to you!

Joeli Mulligan said...

Just heard your WONDERFUL NEWS!! The wait is over and now the adventure begins! Can't wait to see his sweet little face! CONGRATULATIONS!

Samantha said...

I can't believe little James was actually born on his due date! How often does that happen? I still think I'd be pregnant with Bree if they hadn't induced me. It's exciting, and these will be the best days of your life! Congratulations to you and Jim :D